Monday, June 16, 2014

Flat-bread sandwiches (schiacciatine)

I prepared this flat-bread sandwich for my friends over the weekend and they absolutely loved it.  Even though I bake my own homemade flat-bread, you can also use baguette, or other  bread of your choice, as the true star of this sandwich is the filling.

The picture shows the open face sandwich before the other half of the flatbread is placed on top.

It contains thinly sliced prosciutto, pickled eggplant with a pesto made of parsley, fresh garlic, and red chili peppers, and boiled quail eggs.

In this video recipe you can learn how to make the pickled eggplant. I prepared one vegan sandwich with the eggplant and roasted red peppers, and one with the prosciutto and eggplant as in this photo, although the variation in this photo has added boiled quail eggs, which go very well with the prosciutto and eggplant combination.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment