Friday, April 25, 2014

Seared rib-eye with Vietnamese style reduction and glazed snow-peas

I made this dish on a whim and it turned out delicious.

I had a piece of rib-eye steak in the refrigerator and decided to do something fun with it.

In a small saucer, I made a reduction with sauteed red onions (in grapeseed oil, but you can use vegetable or canola), low sodium soy sauce, Mirin, rice vinegar, fish sauce   a pinch of brown sugar and a small star anise. I did not measure the doses, but I was careful not to use too much of the vinegar and fish sauce. I cooked the mixture down until thick and set aside.

I seasoned each end with Chinese five spice, Himalayan sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
I seared both sides and then sliced on a cutting board, plated with the soy reduction on top, and served with miso and ginger glazed snow-peas, baby green dollops, and onion rosettes.


And voila', flavorful fun on plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment